We’re looking for a Business Unit Leader - Aerospace to join our dynamic team in our Melbourne office. Home to NASA’s Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, the “The Space Coast” boasts multiple rocket launches each month as well as one of the nation’s busiest cruise ports. Beautiful beaches, quaint downtown shopping, dining and nightlife, and A-rated schools make Melbourne one of the top-rated cities to live in the United States.
BRPH is a technically focused, creative architecture, design, engineering, construction services, and mission solutions firm providing innovative solutions to mission-driven clients in the aerospace, defense, education, manufacturing, commercial, entertainment, and hospitality market sectors. Founded in 1964, BRPH is consistently ranked among the nation’s top firms and has completed a wide range of projects across the United States and throughout the world.
This position is responsible for leading our Aerospace Business Unit team of Project Executives, Project Managers, Subject Matter Experts and Business Development professionals. Our services include planning, architecture, engineering, design of launch complexes, aerospace processing facilities, aerospace manufacturing facilities and related infrastructure. This position works closely with clients and professional staff to identify opportunities, close sales, and deliver exceptional results to our clients. The position is accountable for Business Unit Financial Performance (P&L), Sales Performance, Project Management Team Development and Client Relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drives implementation and execution of tactical business plans with direction from the AE Unit President for growth and profitability of the business unit, aligned with BRPH Corporate strategy and goals.
• Drives national business unit development activities, regional client management and manages business unit resources and performance. Provides input into BRPH AE strategic/operating plan.
• Manage financial performance of the unit (P&L) to achieve annual goals.
• Responsible for sales performance and management of business line funnel.
• Present in selected conferences to further enhance the BRPH brand and exposure in the aerospace market. Attendance at speaking engagements and conferences.
• Leads the Aerospace team, developing the Aerospace strategic marketing and client specific development plans.
• Establishes the long-term vision and short-term expectations of the Aerospace Business Unit.
• Responsible for cultivating new business opportunities with large, national companies by direct (face to face) and indirect (technological) means. Make regular visits to maintain open communication, identify future opportunities and ongoing client needs.
• Responsible for fostering and maintaining excellent relationships with prospects / customers through regular follow-up, timely quotations, and general support.
• Provide regular quantitative and subjective market feedback on this business sector. Monitor, review, and report on key metrics to ensure sales and profitability targets are achieved and execute sales activity documentation in a timely and professional manner.
• Responsible for providing strategic proposal leadership & marketing support, coordination, and review. Provide input of the selection of key resources for proposal preparation and Quality Assurance of Proposals.
• Coordinate and assist in the preparation of Corporate Risk Management Documents.
• Develop presentation materials.
• Ability to travel overnight up to 30% of the time; including internationally.
• Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred. 10+ years of experience with the aerospace industry in Business, Engineering, Architecture, Construction, or related field.
• Direct responsibility for P&L Management.
• Extensive knowledge of the space launch equipment and facilities market.
• Proven large account development, strategy, wins, management, and growth.
• Lead key strategic pursuits including Client Negotiations, Scope development and assist with the development of delivery strategies in collaboration with the SME technical teams.
• Experience in areas listed under essential duties and responsibilities.
• Proven Aerospace contracting knowledge and leadership.
• Plans complex engineering and design projects, develops programs, establishes, and manages procurement plans, working capital and financial performance.
• Hands on and proactive approach in helping the business unit to solve problems.
• Responsible for driving accounting interface to ensure timely and accurate preparation and upload of estimates at completion (EAC) and revenue recognition.
• Validates the accuracy of revenue recognition at month end and approves results for financial closing.
• Coordinates responses to client audit requests.
• Reviews significant project results and variances with the Project Management Office (PMO) and Project Delivery and Controls (PD&C) Group.
• Responsible for driving working capital management and reporting, through the achievement of cashflow objectives, engage in capital expenditures and seek to find cost effective solutions, to ultimately instill a culture of healthy cash management.
• US Citizenship.
• Excellent presentation skills; verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organization and time management skills.
• Ability to hold security clearance and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Proven success in leading and overseeing business development plans and results in concert with Program Marketing and Leadership.
• Prior management or supervisory experience required.
• NASA and DOD knowledge and experience preferred.
• Prior experience working with Architects and Engineers preferred.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Professional registration/certification or equivalent relevant experience and valid driver’s license required.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
If you’re looking to take your career to the next level, work with a talented team of professionals who love what they do, enjoy a flexible work schedule, and share in the profits of our 100 percent employee-owned firm, BRPH might be a great fit for you!
For a complete job description, please visit BRPH.com and submit your resume.